No matter what time of the year it is, we are always about the PUPPY LOVE! With Valentine’s Day around the corner we thought it would be great to spoil Fido with this tasty treat!
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup beet puree or fresh beet juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a six-cup muffin tin with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, applesauce and beet puree.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly stir flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups to three-quarters full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool on a rack.
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree cottage cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds. Keep frosting refrigerated until cupcakes are completely cool. Frost and serve.